3/28/10

A New Week

Wow can't believe it has been a week since I have written.  I am so much enjoying the beautiful Spring weather.  This is my most favorite Season of all.  Yesterday, we took the dogs to the dog park for some long needed exercise.  I am not sure who got more exercise the dogs or my husband and me.

Now a new week has began and already I am into Spring cleaning.  I have about 5 boxes packed and ready to go to Goodwill.  Each year I marvel at all the things we store in a years time.  My motto "If it hasn't seen the light of day in the past year, it must go."

Now here is a layout I did of my nephew, Josh who is a firefighter.  Firefighters are all heroes in my eyes!  You can get this kit, FREE, at Scrappiness Down Under's blog found HERE.  Be sure to check out her entire Blog, she has some really awesome kits and guess what THEY ARE FREE.  Just for looking around or if you download a kit, please leave here a big Thank you!



In case you can't read the journalizing, I found a Poem on the internet entitled Back Home Again by Donna Sherr


The pager makes it's beeping noise,
The scanner comes to life.
You see excitement on his face
As he goes off to fight.

No matter what you're doing
Or whatever the current plan,
All you can say is "Later Hon"
As he gets those keys in hand.

You say a little prayer
That God will keep him safe,
That with all the pride and bravery
No one will make a mistake.

You know those men are Brothers
And fiercely will protect
The lives of each other and others--
They will truly give their best!

You and your "man's best friend"
Are both loyal and true.
You keep each other company
Waiting for him to return to you.

And when that front door opens
With "Honey I'm home" again,
You thank the Lord he's back OK,
Your brave and strong Fireman

Enjoy and make it a great day!


No comments:

My Memories Blog Train

About

My photo
Hi! My name is Liz and I am so glad you stopped by. Welcome to my little corner where I like to share, with you, my scrap pages. I will also assist you in going to the different sites that I follow and use. I am a wife to a wonderful husband. We will be celebrating our 25th Anniversay on Feb. 14th. We also have 4 dogs (Bink aka Samantha), Ally (Aunt Laur's Favorite), Gabby aka Goober and Molly aka MawMaw; and a cockatiel, name Valentina aka Baby Bird. My nickename comes from the most wonderful cat, who past away recently from cancer. We had Dillie since she was two weeks and was told she was going to be sickly but twelve years she wasn't sick a day in her life until the end. Dillie's Corner is a place where I show off my Scrapbook Pages that I have created using many talented designs. I appreciate every kit and use the kit to the best of my creative juices. Thank you to all you great designers that have shared your great talent with me. Enjoy and leave a comment if you wish.

Pages

Brainy Quotes